______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Vacation Days with Drew: Happy 7th Birthday Bud!

Happy Birthday Drew!

I can't believe it's your 7th birthday already. It was only (already?) a month ago that I flew out to see you (okay, to see you, your parents, and my parents too.) How time does fly!

I hope you had as much fun playing around in the sun with me, as I had with you. I enjoyed watching you open your Christmas presents. I hope you like your birthday gifts as well. I have a pretty good idea you might. After all, between the Red Sox, books, and dinosaurs, I think I'm okay for now. It's when you get older and move to the next thing, that I'm in trouble.

Love ya bud,
Aunt Nettie




Seriously, what am I going to do when he moves on from this boy stage? What's after the dinosaurs? Anyone? I need to start preparing so I can go to the next museum or ball-club thingy, or have the IT guys prepare me on the video games. I can sorta, kinda already speak the "Red Sox" or "Star Wars" stuff, as well as some "Disney Channel."

No comments: