______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Letters from Ollie J - Nov. 27, 1994

27 Nov 1994

[The Farm
Pikeville, NC]

Dear [Granddaughter],

Thanks for the information and letter. Sounds like you will be a busy person. So glad you like your work.

Hope you had a very nice Thanksgiving Day.

I am staying with a lady I grew up with. She had a broken leg 3 yrs ago and the rod broke so to hospital 9 Nov and had another one put in. So needed some one to watch over and help her. I decided to help out. So not sure how long before I go home to stay. She is doing fine but takes time. She can use walker but best not to be alone. Not a lot to do and not to[sic] far from home 1 ½-2 miles.

Rainy Cool dreary day. I want to sleep. But decided should get this in mail.

Inclosed[sic] find your Christmas Check. Hope you can find something you like.

Hope the lady I’m staying with get well enough so I can go home and quilt a quilt made for my Bishops wife. It’s a double wedding ring. Took a while to put it together. Pretty though. Had hoped to get it finished before Christmas but not sure now.

Take Care but do keep in touch,

Love you

Grandma

I feal[sic] fine. Did get leaves out of my yard. But Leaves weren’t all off tree so yard is like leafy Lane Oh well can get them up later if wind don’t blow them away.

No comments: