______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, August 17, 2009

Summer Craft Bash 2009

Recently some of my crafty colleagues and I held a Craft Bash during lunch hour at the Big J. We had a beautiful space and lots of fun crafts to share with each other and the School.

Yoko makes handmade Japanese paper jewelry that is sold through boutiques and other shops in the City. She also goes out and sells in the markets in Brooklyn on the weekends. Look at her very professional displays!

I've mentioned Tori's domestic goddesshood on the blog before. She's amazing. This picture does not do her items justice. I should have snatched up that purple princess fairy child's apron when she put it out. Apparently Amber and Elle are fighting over the one that Amber already has. Danielle and her husband make the most amazing soaps. The whole room smelled wonderfully due to the fresh orange ones she made in preparation for the Bash. This was Kat's first foray into our Craft Bashes, and her handmolded chocolates were a hit. I think she got orders for private parties based on what she made to sell here. This may have been the genesis of another small business. As always, I had too much to display on one table. Strangely, the items I thought would sell didn't, and the things that I never would have thought would be popular were ... and were snatched up by co-workers I never would have thought would be into fuzzy stuffed animals! (Most items you see here are still available!)

While we didn't have a lot of customers, it was good to spend time with these ladies and see all our talents displayed. We're already to reserve dates for November and December, though using this space may be a "conflict of interest for the School." Darn facilities and lawyers and rules! We need room to craft people!

Stay tuned for updates on future Craft Fairs and Holiday Boutiques by Auntie Nettie and her crafty colleaques!

No comments: