______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Classy Broad

In honor of my last day as a librarian at this particular institution, here's little fun:

Find your inner Dewey Decimal class number

Spacefem.com writes: “This quiz will convert your name to a class listed in the Dewey Decimal Classification system. That’s right. There’s no reason you can’t be classified, albeit randomly, just like a library book. Libraries are freaking awesome and we all need to read more, so there. Somewhere between 000 (Generalities) and 999 (Extraterrestrial worlds), you have a place.”... [emphasis my own]

Of the possible results you can get when plugging in your choice of name, number, and birthdates, I found these to be a bit ... well apropos. If you've been reading the blog lately, you'll get why. (Again, underlined emphasis my own.)

First Result:

638 Insect culture

Class: 600 Technology

Contains: Health, agriculture, management, public relations, buildings.

What it says about you: You are creative and inspired to make the world a better place. You can work hard on something when it catches your interest. Your friends have unique interests in common with you.

Second Result:

185 Aristotelian philosophy

Class: 100 Philosophy & Psychology

Contains: Books on metaphysics, logic, ethics and philosophy.

What it says about you: You're a careful thinker, but your life can be complicated and hard for others to understand at times. You try to explain things and strive to express yourself.

Third Result:

013 [Unassigned]

Class: 000 Computer Science, Information & General Works

Contains: Encyclopedias, magazines, journals and books with quotations.

What it says about you: You are very informative and up to date. You're working on living in the here and now, not the past. You go through a lot of changes. When you make a decision you can be very sure of yourself, maybe even stubborn, but your friends appreciate your honesty and resolve.

Can someone smarter than me explain to me how it is that my given name and birthdate fated me to be what I am?

What does your DDC quiz say about you?

No comments: