______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Amazing Adventures of ... the Shushing Librarian

We apologize for the interruptions in this blog. Auntie Nettie and the Shushing Librarian were both struck down with the flu-like symptoms that have been circulating. Unfortunately, they have been abed and away from the Internet.

More to come ... as the work desk is undug, energy is revitalized, and I have more time to waste.

8 comments:

testmonkey said...

Where do you find such LARGE pillows?

(glad you're feeling better)

Auntie Nettie said...

From the same place where Mooshymama got hers ...

Okay. I cheated. The picture is from Shushing Librarian's 2006 Adventures from when she was ordering room service. But don't they illustrate the post nicely?

I wish I had stayed a hotel. New sheets everyday. Cable. Room service. Fresh towels. Clean room every day.

My house is a pit now. I have to do laundry. Don't get me started on the state of the bathroom.

Kristin.... said...

Hey Auntie Nettie. No, the flu cannot travel thru the internet. Sorry, but the girls didn't give it to you. :) Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you were sick. Good that you had company though. She looks a little serious, tell her to lighten up a little.

OldandGray said...

Good you are on the mend. Bad the Old and Gray are last to know. Chicken Soup anyone?
Dr.'s want business and insurance pays for visit and you need a shot in the B__t.

Auntie Nettie said...

HEY now -- old&gray -- leave my b**t out of it. I slept, took fluids, didn't work, and took Advil, saved myself trip to north woods to doctors, as well as $20. Saving insurance and forms for more pressing issues.

Flax Hill Gardener said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. I hope that I didn't catch it since I was the only one of these readers to have been near you last week. Oh no! Oh wait, I got a flu shot.

Auntie Nettie said...

But I got a flu shot too this year ... but still getting sick a lot this year.