______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Max and Mary Mission Update: Holidays in DC

Updates from Grumpa down in DC:

Last night as we left the temple after working the afternoon shift. 
 Hard to keep the focus with the phone.
From the parking lot of the visitors center last night
Shooting from the visitors center patio.
We went into the 7 PM concert of handbells.
We waited 35 minutes, saw a 40 minute show and they cleared us out to start the next show at 8 PM.

Door full of cards from around the country.
 

 We ran out of space on the book case.
Our little storage room tree, with all kinds of Brookside apartment elf gifts.
This does not count the goodies I have cleaned up on. The new year will bring a re-dedication to walking.

No comments: