______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, March 10, 2014

Simon and Sting Sing: Sweet Scenes

When in Hershey, PA, at the Hotel Hershey, you fill up on protein for the hours of probable dancing ahead.
Perhaps with a Reese's Peanut Butter Pie slice - split three ways.
Sustenance
Simon and Sting Tour.com

The evening at the Giant Center could be a blur of excitement, dancing, shrieking, whistling,
stamping along in rhythm, and "singing" along.
Feeling Groovy
Document for posterity as able,
but don't forget to 
Experience the now as it happens.

Look away from the screen.

Direct your attention to the larger screens
when body blocked by other concertgoers.

Snap
Lights. Cameras. Action
Power duo
Dancing Girl Grins
pero ... Ellas dancen solos

Remember this post?
STING, BABY!


Rock legends in their own right. 
A musical journey around the world in about three hours.

Musical Allies and Brothers in Song

I took turns shooting on the iTouch and the Nikon. 
It took the whole show to figure out which Nikon presets to best use to get these two:




 And then ... there was backstage.
Which I didn't shoot.

Because.

Well.

Let's call it my: Gaiman Give Back Philosophy


These artists have given us so much already - often for many years,
often, with literal blood, sweat, and tears,
not even including the epically wonderful 3 hour show we just attended;
and usually they are in transit, tired, 
and must be weary of the same old song and tune off the stage.

Let me "give back" some of your time, 
by demanding no more 
than what you have already given.
I am already so grateful for you and your art.

This "give back" is my gift to you.

But thank you, Paul Simon,
for being so gracious to me and my friends,
for the words, the photo op, the autographs for those who requested,
and,
most importantly,
at least to me,
and for reaching out to one
who would have been happy just to 
give back 
to you.

It really meant a lot.

Sincerely,
An even bigger fan than before. 



March 9, 2014 Setlist:

(Sting cover)


(Sting cover)



(The Police cover)

(The Police cover)

(Sting cover)







(The Police cover)


(The Police cover)









Encore:
 

No comments: