______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, September 30, 2013

Auntie Nettie Reads A LOT 2013 - 3rd Quarter

via the Twitters and TOTALLY sarcastically
Well, I usually read a lot MORE  (see the earlier lists), but this year has also been "read"iculous. This quarter I made an effort to stop staring at my computer at home after work, or at the device on the train after work. My to-read list and request lists are still PAGES long despite this effort. I'm hoping a road trip with my mother to the Cape will give me a chance to work my way through a pile of ARCs and unread new books.

The usual caveat applies: If you are just finding the blog, please note that this list was maintained mainly so that I could remember what I've read this year. The record does not fully represent me or all of my interests, so don't judge my reading habits. My interests change quite frequently. Also, as a general rule, I don't do book recommendations or link to major retailers or publishers (UNLESS IT'S MAH FREEENNDZZZ). Except for the ARCs listed below [thanks major publishers!], most of these books came from MY library or a public library. 

Go forth, use your library card and READ! 


July-September
Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery (reread)
Anne of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery (reread)
A handful of online book snippets via iBooks
The J.M. Barrie Ladies' Swimming Society by Barbara J. Zitwer
The River of No Return: A Novel by Bee Ridgway (didn't finish)
Time Flies: A Novel by Claire Cook
Mrs. Queen Takes the Train: A Novel by William Kuhn
The House on Willow Street: A Novel by Cathy Kelly
The Last Word (Document 6) A Spellman Novel by Lisa Lutz
Ladies' Night: A Novel by Mary Kay Andrews
Elizabeth the First Wife by Lian Dolan *
Anne of the Island by L.M. Montgomery (reread)
Fly Away by Kristin Hannah (ARC)
The Lavender Garden: A Novel by Lucinda Riley (ARC)
The Thinking Woman's Guide to Real Magic: A Novel by Emily Croy Barker
Forever Interrupted: A Novel by Taylor Jenkins Reid (ARC)
The Unfinished Garden: A Novel by Barbara Claypole White
Looking for Me by Beth Hoffman
The World's Strongest Librarian: 
   A Memoir of Tourette's, Faith, Strength, and the Power of Family by Josh Hanagarne
The Woman Who Dies A Lot: A Thursday Next Novel by Jasper Fforde
Meet Me at the Cupcake Cafe: A Novel with Recipes by Jenny Colgan
The Irresistible Blueberry Bakeshop & Cafe: A Novel by Mary Simses
Anne of Windy Poplars by L.M. Montgomery (reread)
Dead Ever After (Final Sookie Stackhouse) by Charlaine Harris
Anne's House of Dreams by L.M. Montgomery (reread)
Whiskey Beach by Nora Roberts
Steadfast: The Elemental Masters, Book Eight by Mercedes Lackey
The Lemon Orchard by Luanne Rice
The Passion of the Purple Plumeria: A Pink Carnation Novel by Lauren Willig
The Chocolate Thief by Laura Florand
Someday, Someday, Maybe: A Novel by Lauren Graham
Chose the Wrong Guy, Gave Him the Wrong Finger by Beth Harbison

No comments: