______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Maternal Musings from Mary: March 16, 1977

Note: This is the last chronological entry in the Musings from Mary, although I'll be featuring one more in a month or two, from May 1975. This will just give you a sense of my future/past developmental milestone and hairdos!

L: Age unknown aka Mullet hair ~ R: Age unknown aka Farrah Flyaways

Age Unknown - Barrettes and Bangs
March 16, 1977

Nearly two years since I last wrote:

Calmer – not many no’s
Outside little in Summer '75
Fall ’75 started dancing. Primary
Nail biting, picking [AN: STILL picking the cuticles!]
Neighborhood nursery – Jan. 1976 – May '76
Summer School 1976. Hair cut June '76
Pre-school
Still loves books
Our conflicts and clashes: Naps downstairs Summer '76
Rides with daddy on motorcycle
Colors, shapes, books, coloring, crafts, days of week
Helpful still. Stubborn which causes clashes
Needs more physical love and time. Slow to get attention [AN: STILL!]

AN Notes: I was five by this point. Jed would have been two and change. She would have been running around after us. Being Molly Mormon. Helping Dad with papers. Doing Weight Watchers, both participating and teaching. She didn’t have time to type up Dr. Spock notes any more. Plus in another year or so … J would be in development and/or making an appearance, and by 1980, we were moving! That’s a LOT! In a pre-cable tv, pre-word processor, pre-microwave, pre-Internet 1970s oil embargo- world when Dad was schooling and working and we live far away from all but the great-aunts. Was it a better time? Possibly? Were there different stresses and distractions? Surely. (Actually, that was Aunt Shirley – and she helped a lot!)



Thanks for all of these Mom. It's been oddly educational to be reading about my infantile/young self in these musings now that I'm supposedly all "mature" and "middle-aged!"

No comments: