______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Fifth Birthday Elle!

Happy Birthday my Elle-Belle!

I can't believe how big and beautiful you've grown since I last saw you in person. It was so wonderful to spend time with you at your house over Christmas break and see how you've blossomed and developed into quite a little personality.

I love how you still love orange, Cinderella, and your cats, and even more excited about your new love of Wonder Woman. (I don't like to disparage the Disney Princesses, so I was super excited to see a kick-butt lady on your Christmas list. Wonder Woman's outfit? We'll have to talk about later, right groovy girl?)
I love how you are perfectly content off on your own reading, drawing, or gaming, though I suspect you do need a rest from your siblings from time to time.
I know it's hard being stuck in the middle, but I love how you love on your little brother, and look up to your big sister, though sometimes you girls definitely have your issues, as all sisters do.


Granted, you are rapidly catching up to your big sister in height, aren't you?
I love your enthusiasm to try new things, even if you do sometimes give us a look that is a little skeptical of what is being proposed. (We will also try not to comment on how much that look on the left reminds us of certain of your grandmothers.)

I love getting glimpses of the young woman and grownup you are going to be. Will you become a vet and take care of your animals?  Maybe, though I think in another life you might have been a cowgirl - like Jesse.
 Every time I turned around, you were on a horse of some kind.

Will you take after Papa and be a computer person? Will you be like your Mama and be a loving teacher and caretaker?  No matter what path you choose, this photo to me shows that already you have the determination and drive to handle any obstacle you see in front of you.


Thanks for being my cuddly lap-warming kid, my blondie girl, my Elle-Belle.

Wishing you sweet Birthday dreams.
All my love,

Auntie Nettie 

Again, in the orange, because "orange" you special?

Photos from my Idaho trip, December 2012
"regular" camera/iTouch

No comments: