______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Hurricanes, Happenings, and Halloween 2012

Obviously I have been a little behind, if I'm blogging about Halloween after Thanksgiving - but between one thing, a hurricane, and another ...

Anyway, thanks to all my friends and family for letting me use these photos of them and/or their "adorable" offspring.

Jed and Kelli decided to take advantage of the impending arrival of Phineas and Ferbina to go as: the bearded lady, "her" beer gut husband, and the galaxy's cutest young Jedi.
Up in Idaho, there are so many adorable Princesses and Pirates: an Amber-haired Merida, Cinder"Elle"a, and and adorably scary Cap'n not-so-tightpants, Nathan.
If I had known Nathan was going as a pirate, I would have tried to find him one of these for his Halloween booty. Apparently their folks didn't dress up, but I figure they are superheroes everyday, so they needed a night off.

Kari's Krew were: A Ninja, the Tooth Fairy -- and her booty -- a Gnarly Tooth
You go girls!

The Maine Montley Maulers were: A Cat, A Cow, A Hippie, and then a Cade Bane.
I'm a little scared of the Bane, so I'm going to focus on the Happy Cow who is on vacation from California.

As for me, I wore one of my Cyclops hats, a t-shirt said "This is my Librarian Costume" and handed out an assortment of candy, including Nerds.

Usually for Halloween I dress up as the Grumpy Lady who Avoids Opening the door, but I was marooned at home because of the Hurricane. Unfortunately not one told the general population of our town that the Mayor had put a curfew into effect ... until we saw this on the door of one of our neighbors.


I can't believe she didn't get egged.

I can't believe I ate so much candy. 

Maybe that's why I decided to skip the Turkey for Thanksgiving.

No comments: