______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Recipes from Aunt Flora -- Peanut Butter Fudge

Peanut Butter Fudge

Cook together:

2 cups sugar (white)
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1/2 cup cream

Add
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chopped nuts

Cook until it forms a soft ball in cold water; add the vanilla and beat until creamy. Add nuts. Pour into buttered pan and when cool cut in small squares.

So I have a candy thermometer, so I cooked this until about 240 degrees, removed the pot from the heat and added the vanilla until it looked creamy and added the nuts.

I let it set up for a couple of days, and when I tried to cut it, it more crumbled, than cut. I tried a bit of this and its was "grainy" in that you could really taste the sugar. It might have set too long and crystallized or something. Plus the sugar to peanut butter ratio was more in favor of the sugar.

I warned my IT test tasters that this was the first try of this recipe, and that it was really old-fashioned rather than the really fudgey stuff they might be used to. Just to curry favor, I added some left-over brittle from another project to the goodie box for the boys.


No comments: