______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Faux Twits

This blog is my only foray into social media. I don't LiveJournal, Facebook, or Twitter. I just don't have time or opportunity. I do understand the allure of Twitter, but the format of 140 characters is limiting. Getting me to be succinct is usually the trouble.

I've been a bit busy this week, and had a bit of bloggers block, so I decided to keep a post-it filled with notes, as if I had a Twitter account. These are some of my musings. After reviewing them, I don't think I'll be getting an account anytime soon:

Here are my Treat or Tweets (times are estimates, since they weren't really posted):

Posted 12 hours ago:
Leftover chocolate cake with purple frosting from Magnolia Bakery makes the afternoon go by much easier.

Posted 16 hours ago:
Do I know anyone who wants a pair of Carnegie Hall symphony tickets? UM, HELLO? ME! Thanks people with box seats and other social plans.

Posted 18 hours ago:
RT @mooshinindy: the moosh ended her prayer today with dot com. As in "In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. Dot Com." [c.11/18/09 ]

Posted 18 hours ago:

I did this but it was after a shift at Mickey Dees and was all like "Welcome to McDonald's, may I take your order please?"

Posted 18 hours ago:
Saddest thing? No one in family noticed when I broke off mid-phrase trying not to laugh.

Posted 25 hours ago:
Dear #Castle Location People: You can't fake Grand Central Terminal with LA locations. NOPE. NOT AT ALL. We have a better ceiling in NYC.

Posted a day ago:
Yes, my e-mail friend. Rainy days and Mondays do get me down.

Posted a day ago:
Is it time to go home yet? I need me some Big Bang Theory and some @NathanFillion charm.


Posted a day ago:
Hoping that outstanding invoices come in ASAP so I can have money for laundry, Dt. Coke and rest of rent. Though it should be rest of rent, laundry and THEN Dt. Coke.


Posted a day ago:
Processing two checks for working totaling $150,000 just makes me feel even more poor. When is pay day again?


Posted a day ago:
It doesn't bode well for your work out if you manage to strain your neck muscles and almost dislocate your shoulder just trying to put ON your sports bra. Just saying.


Posted 4 days ago:
Spring is here. The biggest sign in NYC? The Mr. Softee trucks are out on the street corners. It’s 2:15. Time for an ice cream run. Chocolate Ice Cream mid-afternoon = YUM!


Posted 4 days ago:
Saw a want ad that said: "you must love books." What if you just "like like" them?


Posted a week ago:
#overheard in office Excessive spreadsheet manipulation can apparently lead to softening of the brain.

To Twit or not to twit? That is the question ... Perhaps I will continue to accumulate these Faux Twits in a post-it until I have something worth Twitting.

No comments: