______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

That bites! - Part 1

from today's New York Times

A 'Twilight' Delayed

Compiled by JULIE BLOOM
Published: September 2, 2008


Stephenie Meyer is delaying indefinitely the completion of the final installment of her “Twilight Saga” after an unfinished partial draft was leaked online, The Los Angeles Times reported. “I did not want my readers to experience ‘Midnight Sun’ before it was completed, edited and published,” she wrote on stepheniemeyer.com last week. “I think it is important for everybody to understand that what happened was a huge violation of my rights as an author, not to mention me as a human being.” Ms. Meyer posted a link to the incomplete draft: “This way, my readers don’t have to feel they have to make a sacrifice to stay honest.” The leak follows the publication in August of “Breaking Dawn,” the fourth installment in Ms. Meyer’s young-adult series about vampires. The movie version of the first book, “Twilight,” is scheduled to be released in November.*

Delayed? Indefinitely? WHAT?! The sound you hear through the cyber-land you hear is millions of Twilight fans screaming in horror and plotting revenge against the person who leaked the m.s. Now that's just evil!

Now I know that many people have had less than favorable reviews for Breaking Dawn, though personally, I think I liked it best for many reasons, not the least of which is that I'm a more "mature" reader than the tween/teen set that it's "supposed" to be targeted to and therefore appreciate the more mature aspects of the novel (no spoilers here from me), but I was really looking forward to hearing Edward's side of things in Midnight Sun. I had read some of the approved pages that were previously released on the author's website and it had piqued my interest.

DARN IT. First no more Harry Potter books and now no more Twilight stories.


*Which I'm skipping. I gave into the Harry Potter films and it did totally color my mental visions of the characters. I want to keep "my" Edward and Bella.