______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Austenfest -- Veritable raptures of delight

Thanks, in large part, to the dumbing-down of American television in recent years, made even worse by the ongoing writers strike, I've found it increasingly difficult to find quality television programming ... even with the numerous basic cable channels I get with my subscription. If it wasn't for Animal Planet, FoodNetwork, HGTV, SciFi, the various Discovery Channels, and a very few minor exceptions on what used to be my default channel, TLC, I would be at a loss. My personal library of books and VHS (yes, I'm a bit behind in the ol' digital formats!) are getting more of a work out in recent weeks. So, imagine my delight when PBS announced that it was presenting what they are calling, The Complete Jane Austen during Masterpiece Theatre. To kick it off, there were even two weeks of Bronte, with a new production of Jane Eyre (my favorite book in life), with Toby Stephens, the very handsome son of Dame Maggie Smith, recently of Harry Potter movie fame.

I am in sheer delight.

Veritable raptures of delight.

Thank you PBS. THANK YOU!

So, my dear friends and family, if you endeavor to contact me Sunday evenings, please note that I am unavailable during these viewing hours:

9-11, Sunday, Masterpiece Theatre
Persuasion, January 13, 2008
Northanger Abbey, January 20, 2008
Mansfield Park, January 27, 2008
Miss Austen Regrets, February 3, 2008
Pride and Prejudice, February 10, 17, + 24, 2008
Emma, March 23, 2008
Sense and Sensibility, March 30 + April 6, 2008

3 comments:

testmonkey said...

zzz...*snort* huh? wha?

Did American Gladiator finish?

Pity.

Anonymous said...

Me thinks you need to learn how to tape on that old VCR while you watch the programs of a LIFE time.

Flax Hill Gardener said...

I agree with you. No calls should be made to me between the scared Masterpiece Theatre hour (or as James calls it, "The mist filter hour.")