______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Infotainment Topics that I am sick of ... 2007

Since it's the time of year when the "Best of" list are compiled, I'd like to begin my list of the most overrated infotainment stories/topics of the year.

Why do this? Well, once upon a time, the hour between 7:00-8:00 p.m. had "entertainment" programs that had amusing highlights and promos for the movie/television/music industry featuring real, honest to goodness, television and movie STARS that at least acted like they were personalities. Some of the programs had reputations as being somewhat journalistic, garnering awards that are -- or were -- prestigious. Maybe I'm just getting "mature," but over the last year or so, it's seems like these programs are pandering and getting trashy -- and I'm not even talking about the obviously trashy programs that have sprung up (I'm talking to you FOX!). When did infotainment become more important, that say, various important global conflicts, the economy, the weather, my commute, local news issues, etc. How did entities, like ANS---, B--, L--, or P--H-- become the headline stories? I didn't go to journalism school, but what makes these people leading news stories? Why should I care? I have my own problems; hearing about theirs does NOT make me feel any better about myself. It's gotten to the point that when I hear/see their names or stories about "oops, there they go again," I switch the channel, hit "mute", turn the page, click to another site, and IGNORE them.

So, here are some of my least favorite infotainment people/topics of the year, in no order --- with abbreviations so I don't make myself sick of them --- AGAIN!:

A.N.S./D.S/D.S.
B.S.
L.L.
P.H.
M.O. and her obsession with dolls/dancing/fainting/WHATEVER!
Any of the people from MTV shows
The Spice Women
O.J.S.
The Yankees -- team, management, etc.
The Big O.W. and her candidate

I know that obvious topics aren't here. I've tried ardously to avoid/forget most of them. Please DON'T feel free to remind me of things I'd rather forget. You know who/what I mean.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bad day at the office? Or just too much time on your hands? The things you dismiss are what keeps some people thinking of others instead of themselves. Let it out! All Out!
breath deep now! Two more times!
Ok tell us really how you feel about those things you do remember.
We want to to clear it all out and start the new year clean. Surly another list will be started Jan. 1st.

testmonkey said...

"Please DON'T feel free to remind me of things I'd rather forget." - aww, shucks! I had a whole sub-list of the married crazies (and their babies) ready to go!

Anonymous said...

So I guess I need not direct you to the article that's on yahoo.com today entitled "Cell Phones of the Stars" which, admittedly, drew me in. Your list is fairly complete but the article mentions a few you left out including NR and TC/KH. And don't forget that KH's hairdo gets it's own newscast every damn time it changes.