______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Another reason being a grownup really sucks?

No early dismissals for snow, be it a snow shower, a snow flurry, or a over-hyped snow storm.

Also: People looking at you as if you are strange if you want to go out and play in the snow -- in your business suit in the middle of a work day. What's wrong with letting your inner child out occassionally? Mine is 8.

So -- instead of that, I have to go to a staff meeting. BUMMER.

I will have to do arts-and-crafts therapy later instead aka making paper snowflakes for my door.

For a refresher on how to do this, I recommend this link: http://highhopes.com/snowflakes.html

5 comments:

testmonkey said...

Here's an idea: go outside, get a nice slush ball, and take it into the meeting. When said meeting gets off topic (they all do), just toss the slush ball in the face of your boss.

The best of all worlds.

Anonymous said...

Well, well, well. It has a blog - coolness.

Anonymous said...

Snow storm is not over rated. 6" and coming down at 1" hour. I am to the point in my life that I don't want to go start the snow blower. Warm blanket and dry socks much better than gas fumes, water down back of neck, running nose, and wet socks.

Auntie Nettie said...

Unfortunately, while the Big J does encourage creativitiy, lobbing a slush ball at the guys who could give you a raise is not a good idea.

Also, sad to report that the snowflakes ceased falling on mid-town NYC and only rain prevailed. Another example of sea-level and urban heat defeating Mother Nature. Going north on the train, however, you saw the snow/rain mix change by 125th Street/Harlem, and the home area is covered in ice/slush mixes that made walking on the train platforms and publicly non-cleared sidewalks quite treacherous.

Stand by for Sunday's next winter blast.

Flax Hill Gardener said...

Ha, Ha! I get snow days!