______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Back to School 2015: Family Edition

I am in denial that it is fall. It is 90 degrees outside. I was so in the thick of things from the spring and summer that I didn't really register those two seasons, not to mention those important life-milestones.

Like Nathan's May graduation from pre-school.  Whoops!

Congratulations Nathan Buddy!
(Unimpressed girl is unimpressed.)

But now that the school calendar has flipped, the big kids in Idaho are off to school.

Quoth Christina on September 1st:
Off to school for these three! Amber is going into 4th grade, Elle 2nd, and Nathan Kindergarten. 
Wow, my kids are growing up.

Sadly, on September 4th, the bane of parental planning struck. School germs. (sad trombones)

Quoth Christina: Well that didn't take long! School germs are the worst. After 3 days at school Nathan is home today sick.
 

Momma is also learning what its like with not so many helpers around. Grumpa reported that Christina said she was not sure what she was going to do without Elle around to help, now that school was starting.

Meanwhile, down in Nevada, Drew started 5th grade in mid-August.

OUCH!
(The kids in New York barely started this week, and some don't start until next.)


 With thanks to Grumpa for grabbing these off the sib's social media, so I can collect them and share all at once.

No comments: