______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, March 30, 2015

Auntie Nettie Reads A Lot 2015 - 1st Quarter

Much to the detriment of regular blogging, I have been bringing home "homework," because there just isn't enough time during "working" hours. "Working hours" should be renamed: MEETINGS or "Endless REPLY ALL free-for-alls." Once I have "worked" during "working hours" and done "homework," I just haven't had it in me to blog.**
 
I HAVE been trying to give myself a break by reading ye old-fashioned books. Since I have at least four bookshelves full, a nightstand with a pile underneath it AND on top of it, an Amazon.com wish-list pages long, and a To-Get-From-the-Library list that's 10+ pages long, I've been trying to place "catch-up" on my reading, just a bit. I think this quarter shows quite a difference from this time last year.
 
The usual caveat applies: If you are just finding the blog, please note that this list was maintained mainly so that I could remember what I've (or NOT) read this year. The record does not fully represent me or all of my interests, so don't judge my reading habits. My interests change quite frequently. Also, as a general rule, I don't do book recommendations or link to major retailers or publishers. Except for the ARCs listed below [thanks major publishers!], most of these books came from MY library (now noted) or a public library. 

Go forth and READ!  


January to March
Crystal Line by Anne McCaffrey (mine, reread) 

All Emergencies, Ring Super by Ellen Emerson White  (mine, reread) 
The Christmas Bus by Melody Carlson 
The Aviator's Wife by Melanie Benjamin 
The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah (ARC) (Have tissues) 
Texts from Jane Eyre by Mallory Ortberg 
The Mermaid of Chelsea Creek by Michelle Tea (mine) 
A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy Book 1) by Deborah Harkness (mine, reread) 
Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy Book 2) by Deborah Harkness (mine, reread) 
The Book of Life (All Souls Book Trilogy Book 3) by Deborah Harkness (mine) 
The Actor and the Housewife by Shannon Hale (mine, reread) 
Friends for Life by Ellen Emerson White (mine, reread) 
 Life Without Friends by Ellen Emerson White (mine, reread) 
Stately Pursuits by Katie Fforde (mine, reread) 
Long May She Reign by Ellen Emerson White (mine, reread) 
Picnic in Provence: A Memoir with Recipes by Elizabeth Bard (ARC) 
The Runaway Princess by Hester Browne (reread) *** 
Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer 
A Perfect Proposal by Katie Fforde 
Dear Mr. Knightley: A Novel by Katherine Reay 
Lizzy and Jane: A Novel by Katherine Reay 
The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris: A Novel with Recipes by Jenny Colgan 
Carrie Goes Off the Map By Phillipa Ashley 
Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School 1) by Gail Carriger 
Curtsies & Conspiracies (Finishing School 2) by Gail Carriger 
Waistcoats & Weaponry (Finishing School 3) by Gail Carriger 
The Divorce Papers by Susan Rieger (didn't finish) 
The Matchmaker by Elin Hilderbrand 
At Bluebonnet Lake: A Novel by Amanda Cabot 
Shifting Shadows  by Patricia Briggs 
Cry Wolf (Alpha and Omega Novel) by Patricia Briggs (reread) 
Hunting Ground (Alpha and Omega Novel) by Patricia Briggs (reread) 
Fair Game (Alpha and Omega Novel) by Patricia Briggs (reread) 
The Witch with No Name (Final Hollows Novel) by Kim Harrison 
The Book Stops Here (A Bibliophile Mystery) by Kate Carlisle 
Dead Heat (Alpha and Omega Novel) by Patricia Briggs 
Prudence (Custard Protocol Book 1) By Gail Carriger

** I will "retro-blog" soon or "back-date" stuff, so if you check in the archives, eventually, I may fill in the blank past of the blog. 

No comments: