______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, December 14, 2012

It's the Most (Fill in the Blank) Time of the Year!

Welcome once again, to
 Auntie Nettie's Attic!

Come on in!
Close the door behind you, lock it, read the sign, and take a deep breath.

Turn around.

Try not to scream. 

It's a bit  ... um ... busy in here at this time of year. Make your way into command central and check out the checklist which helps to keep me on track. (This is from the beginning of the season. Pay no attention to the summer list, which isn't finished. Priorities.)
 I'm a little busy right now, dealing with sweet present packaging for the other office drones.
Fortunately packages are coming into the Attic to keep me fueled and centered during this busy, busy, stressful time of year.
Then there are the occasional shopping excursions to Holiday Shops in New York with friends, where they keep me amused, re-energized, and amused by their interest in Pete the Fried Pickle Guy.
Who's the pickle man? THIS GUY!
 Isn't the City so beautiful by twinkle-light? This is the fountain in Bryant Park by the skating rink.
Even in miniature, the City is so much fun at this time of year - even with the impending dinosaur invasion. (Look carefully ... you'll see them.)

As for me, I'm trying to get everything done, so I can head to the White House for Christmas.... Not that White House ... Mom and Dad's White House. You know? This one?
It's been too long. I'll be traveling to see these little faces. Sadly Christmas 2010 -- which is when this was taken -- was the last time I saw the three monkeys on the right. I get to visit them in Idaho this year.
But then I also get to meet these two little sleeping imps - IF I can wrestle them away from Grandmary. Here she is on Thanksgiving warning everyone off with her patented over-the-bifocals-eyebrows-up-in-warning glare.

So that's why the Attic looks like a tornado came through and baking supplies, tape, ribbon, wrapping paper, suitcases, books, clothes, yarn, boxes, and bags are everywhere. Don't walk anywhere without looking first, and don't expect to find a flat surface that doesn't have SOMETHING on it. What was that? Oh, that was a timer. Yet another batch of cookies needs to come out of the oven. I think I'm up to 15 batches or so, 2 things of brownies, 3 cakes, 3 or 6 batches of peanut brittle, and ... who am I kidding? I lost count, and now the cookies are burning.

Go sit over there, and surf other blogs while I try to stay on schedule and sane before the car service arrives at 4 a.m. in a few days. (Oh, no ... the service said the car was coming at 3:15 AM when I confirmed. ... Now I have to get up EARLIER!)

Merry  Ho...

.

.

IS THAT THE SMOKE DETECTOR?

BYE

No comments: