______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Update: Kute Kids 'Kaus ... Of Course: Families

With thanks to Grumpa for grabbing these off social media, so I can collect them and share all at once:

The Twins:

Kelli says: "DQ* for supper, What was I thinking!"
 *Dairy Queen

I share a lot about Grumpa and Grandmary, but the twins had a special trip in mid-March to see their relatives on the other side of the family tree --their maternal grandpa and great-grandma.

Here's the story in Kelli's own words:


I took the kids to visit my Dad ... The emotions of the day are just now coming to the surface. For those of you who don't know, my dad has Parkinson's disease. He is now in a nursing home as he can no longer be home alone. It was so sweet to see my little boy jump right in his lap and snuggle and give kisses to Papa. My kids have never known him any other way, so they just love him exactly as he is. I was tired, frustrated and just plain worn out from the trip with two grumpy toddlers and Drew, then I took the time to look at the pictures I had taken. Worth every minute to see these!
 Great Grandma Mangum and Sarah

The Idaho Krew:

Christina had this to say: "Exploring today for our Sunday walk. We saw geese, all different kinds of fish, and a turtle."

 Thank goodness for social media and digital photos. It's amazing to see them all growing up before our eyes.

No comments: