______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day 2014!

Possibly the only one looking good here was Dad - despite Jed's smirk. 
Ah, the 1980s. What can I say?

Except ...

APPY
ATHERS

Or, 

Happy Father's Day!

Yes, you! Stop goofing off and let me take the picture.*

Grampa Max, Grumpa, or *squeeeal and point*
 Grumpa Max with Jed's boys ... Drew and Cannon
 Grumpa, Jed, and Cannon

There, apparently, is a love of plaid that transcends generations ...

 Up at J's: all the boys, in descending order: Grumpa, Jed, J, and Nathan
and ghosts of generations past and future.**

 The use of elbows to defend food also transcends the generations through the male line***.

Grumpa and Nathan


 Hope you got some peace and quiet today so you could get lost in a good book.

*But you wonder where WE got it from?
I mean, HELLO!?



** Can you see them? There were a LOT of relatives ghosting about in the house that day. Possibly even Malcolm.

Who is Malcolm? "Malcolm" is the name I have assigned to my potentially new nephew. It might be a girl, you say? But if there's a Nathan, there has to be a Malcolm - so Nathan Fillion/Malcolm Reynolds can have full honor in the family. If it's a girl, and J & Christina are working off the A,E, I, O, U naming guide ... Inara? Um... I'm getting out of this conversation, post haste. Not my call. NOPE. So until then ... Malcolm Monkey *I* think it is. 2 boys. 2 girls. The end. We shall see by the end of the year. Stay tuned.

***Please note: Yes, Grumpa Max loves his granddaughters too. Amber, Elle, and Sarah are loved, as I am and my sisters-in-law -- but I don't have group photos of them from the December 2013/January 2014 and February 2014 trips. OKAY!? Man. Such pressure. And people wonder why I stop blogging from time to time. This shouldn't take an hour for a loving honoring post.

~photos via iTouch and Nikon

No comments: