______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Photos of Family Fun: Vacation Vignettes

Vacation 1 was a whirlwind that I'm summarizing for the office as: 
  • 15-17 days 
  • 5 states 
  • 3 time zones 
  • 6 nieces and nephews 
  • 2 major holidays 
  • 5 planes 
  • 1 hyper extended elbow (see if you can see when I did it over here)
  • Countless muscle strains/bruises from being a human target/jungle gym/wrestling mat, and 
  • Lots of snuggles, cuddles, sniffles, books, yarn and food 
Then 12 business days in the office and I turn around and head BACK to Utah and Nevada for Family Vacation 2! [Only 2 planes this time, and only a week .... but more family milestones. Baptisms & Blessings!]

Given the above, and the fact that I currently have 3 weeks of work to catch up on, over 900 pictures and video to process, three bags to unpack, an unusually odd transition at work with no office and a temp desk/desk-hopping and a training situation of a newish replacement for part of my job ...

Regular blogging will resume ... um ...

Eventually!

Here are a few snaps from the first trip, to give you an idea of some of what happened.

And, oh yeah ... Welcome back and Happy 2013! 

Stage I: Utah/Nevada
So glad to see that someone in the family is anxious to see me
View from the parents' backyard in Utah. Big Sky indeed
All hands on deck: tag team feeding the twins (Cannon in foreground, Sarah behind)
Peaceful moment: Grandmary and Cannon
Brotherly Love: (No photos please Auntie) Drew kisses on Cannon
Sarah already has Grandmary wrapped around her fingers
Grumpa Max is not grumpy holding Sarah
Zion National Park
Stage II: Idaho
I don't think I'm in the desert anymore. (Taken through car windshield)
End of the road. Mountain top in Idaho
Goofing around with Nathan, Elle, and Amber
All dressed up for Church
New Year's Eve Sledding with the family at the Virgil Phillips Park
Storey time with Papa


Don't worry kids. I don't know when, exactly, but I will be back in Idaho soon.

Stay tuned. More photos will be posted eventually.

No comments: