______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Retroblog September 19, 1983

Today is Sep. 19, 1983 Time ----

When today is 9/19/83 and I have reached 2 of my four important goal - 2 to go. I will get it done before Christmas.

Till next week.

WELL, today is many years later and I'm STILL annoyed that I didn't write down what the important goals were. I suspect that they were related to Church themes, since goal setting and achievement were serious aspects of the precepts they were teaching girls my age. They may have been things like reading the scriptures, treating my brothers better, practicing my piano, helping my parents, etc., but unless my mother (who has a mind like a steel trap) prompts my recollections, I fear I'll just have to continue to speculate.

My darling nieces and nephews, if you are reading this now or sometime in the future, let these retroblog entries serve as a lesson. Unless you make a record, in an old-fashioned journal/diary, or an electronic blog/new fancy format, you will forget the little details of your life. You don't even have to write about the important life events. Just make notes about little things, like your friends' names, silly goals for Church or school, or funny bits about your parents and siblings. You'll get to a point, when you're not even that old, when you'll have forgotten.

Trust your Auntie Nettie ... even if you think she's weird. Believe me, she knows she's weird, but she may forget ... if she doesn't write it down !

No comments: