______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Auntie Nettie's Summer Projects, Part 1

I thought it was time to record and share the status of all the summer projects, which were alluded to earlier in the season. For some weird reason I thought I hadn't done much, but once I started taking pictures and cleaning up the UFOs (UnFinished Objects), I realized that I haven't been as unproductive as I thought. I guess the crafts therapy balanced out my other issues this summer. Who would have thunk?

Anyway. In addition to all the "hooking," (projects are now nearer to 65) I've tried my hand at stamped cross-stitch and other arts and crafts, i.e. frames and various holiday ornaments. Between the paint fumes and the glue gun, I've inhaled and burned myself a lot. It was totally worth the trip to the hardware store, especially when the crusty manager asked if I was over 21. (THANK YOU BUDDY! No, please. I insist. Check my i.d., please. )

In no particular order, here's what was completed as of 6:00 p.m. last night. I did go on to finish about 10 more ornaments before it was time to crash. Photos to come.

Small (3"x3") Frames:

Larger Frames:Cross Stitch Ornaments:
(Um, Surprise Jenn!)Puzzle Piece Snowflake Ornaments (7):Puzzle Piece Wreath Ornaments v. 1 (3):
More ornaments in the works:
Except where noted, everything is available for sale. Prices and dimensions upon request.
I can take more photos if you need other views.

Stay tuned for the crochet objects.