______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Woozy from Weaving through Wave Hill

I'm still so tired from yesterday(?)'s red-eye, my body thinks it's MST, and I'm so so so far behind on catching up on my email. I thought one day of a buffer before hitting the ground running was enough, but no ... Ha! I should just know better by now.

Tonight is going to be late, even for me, even with my body thinking it's on MST. It's after 9:30 and I JUST started 4 loads of laundry.

I hadn't planned to be doing laundry so late. I hadn't planned to do anything but come home, finish unpacking, do laundry and REPACK for a 3-night stay at the office because of a weekend full of events - but some how I'm ending powering through jetlag.

Instead of coming straight home after work, I ended up representing the company at a Members Night with Christine at Wave Hill in the Bronx. It was so lovely to explore a cultural partners property in a different light, talk with random ladies and get restaurant recommendations, meet new contacts from our exclusive catering company, see how different companies deal with parking issues, get an unexpected meal, and see some great sights.

But I'm going to pay for this ... (I already am. I may have been weaving a bit by the end of the night. Thank goodness it was brisk?)

Enjoy the photos.

I'm off to deal with the laundry and keep packing.


So THAT's the name of the plants I have hibernating in my office over the winter. I had no idea. And they are succulents-esques. No wonder they are thriving NOW and not when they were outside.


 ~ photos by iPhone

No comments: