______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Recipes from Aunt Flora -- Peggy's Granola

Another girls' weekend. Another potluck menu to plan. As ever, I was delighted to contribute my fair share of baked goods for our breakfasts. In addition to plans to bring pumpkin bread, apple bread, and a orange-flavored/raisin/nut breakfast bar, I looked at the menu to see what we possibly could be missing. Our 'party coordinator' said that there would be fresh fruit and juices for breakfasts as well. When I think fresh fruit, I also think yogurt and granola.

Coincidentally, I had the makings of a granola in my pantry, and was waiting to try yet another family recipe, and so...

Voila.

Enjoy this, while I enjoy my granola and other breakfast treats on a beach in New Jersey!

Peggy's Quaker Granola

2 1/2 cups regular oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup nuts, and/or sunflower or other seeds
1/4 cup bran or wheat germ
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup melted margarine (about 5 1/3 tablespoons)
1/2 cup raisins

Mix all well except raisins.
(I mixed the dry ingredients together first, stirring well to break up the clumps of brown sugar, and I added a handful or more of extra assorted nuts. Then I added the wet ingredients and mixed well.) Bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes. (I stirred after 15 minutes, and then baked about another 15 minutes.) Then add raisins (and some craisins), (mix well) and let cool.


No comments: