______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

N.C. Roadtrip 2010: Rest Areas

2010 was supposed to be the year of the roadtrips for me, so from time to time I will be weighing in on different Rest Stop/Refreshment areas. On the most recent roadtrip with Grandmary, we visited our usual gas/quikstop services stations, along with one that was just horrid. Let me qualify that. The restrooms were lovely; clean, quick turnaround, lots of stalls, and hosted by an attendant. The staffing, cleanliness, stocking of the condiment bar, and quality of the food at the Roy Rogers was HORRIBLE!!

[later note from 2010: the food was so terrible I got e coli and was sick for MONTHS and MONTHS!, so I'm not exaggerating how bad it was. Skip the Maryland House rest stop on I95. Trust me!]

Then there was this hidden gem, tucked in the floral department of an Carolina Pottery Outlet in Smithfield, NC:
Food? Check
Beverages? Check, but points off for only half of the machines working
Restrooms? Access ... Check
Entertainment? Check
Husband waiting area with Rocking Chairs? BONUS!


It may have been a bit girlie with all the wreaths and swags, but that guy was so happy to be hiding out, reading, and watching sports on that little t.v.

No comments: