______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

When will Spring be Sprung?

Dear Mother Nature,

I know that there are four seasons, and that winter comes with snow, slush, ice, rain, and sleet. I understand that we need winter, and we need all this precipitation, but ... combined with grey skies, concrete, travertine, sidewalks, and general griminess, all this is giving me a case of the serious Winter Blahs ...

Not even the winter blues, mind you, because I love blue!

I have the BLAHS!

I need fiery colors. I need bright blue skies. I need greens. I need flowers and foliage. I need botanicals.

I suppose I just could just go back to the New York Botanical Gardens and soak in more nature, like Christine and I did back in mid-November on an unseasonably warm Saturday during the Chrysanthemum Festival.
The Orchid Show is under way and those botanicals are exotic enough. I could always hang out in the desert, the tropical, or the rain forest habitats to defrost, as well. Maybe I could walk around the garden paths to stroll away the blues. Perhaps I'd see some snow drops along the forest floor or the waterfall could sooth the savage beast that I've become.

But Mother Nature, in the meantime, could you help a blahed person out, and hurry along a long delicious, mild spring ... PRETTY Please?
I need to see awesomeness of magnolias, crab apples, and cherry trees in bloom. I need to be blinded by a meadow full of sunny daffodils or a row of forsythia. I need to smell the tangy smell of spring dirt just turned over into a planting bed. I need to see the light blue sky filtered through a scrim of budding tree branches. I need to feel the fuzz of pussy willows in my hands and green soft grass between my bare toes. I need to hear robins singing and morning doves cooing. I need to inhale the rich fragrance of lilacs and be transported back in time to when I was a little carefree child. I even need to smell the intoxicating aroma of a light spring shower.
I need to celebrate spring ... SOON please.

Thanks,
Auntie Nettie

No comments: