______________________________________________________________________________________________

PROGRAMMING NOTE from the Author and Archivist


So obviously I just stopped blogging on this platform. I'll get back to it eventually. Or not. I'm taking a break from all social media. It seemed necessary for my mental health.

The last few years have been busy and … challenging:

- 2015 Happened.
- 2016 Let's call it The Lost Year. (Obviously words failed me.)
- 2017 about broke me. Literally. Mentally.
- 2018 was ridiculous, proving 2017 was just a warm up. (Good thing I was already broken so it couldn't hurt as much.#2018TrashCanFire I thought things were going okay, but maybe not?)

- 2019 was such a blur. I know there were highlights, but then stuff happened and carried into the next year...

- And then in March#2020 really took a turn. Who can even categorize 2020? Do we dare?


I kinda want a do-over of some of the last few years. But life doesn’t work that way.


So for now, I'm hunkering down. Regrouping. Trying to stay safe and sort some stuff out.


Stay safe everyone. Stay well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Subliminal Advertising

My name is Auntie Nettie and I am a victim of subliminal and “bliminal” advertising. Do you know how hard it is to see thousands of hours of ads for restaurants that are nowhere NEAR my locations? Say, like all the Sonics? And those burgers at Red Robin?

Curse you advertising agencies. Curse you cable channel ad buyers.

So, given my recent proximity of both of those chains, and hungry and famished family members, do you think that Auntie Nettie couldn’t NOT visit them?
HA!
Red Robin (yummmmmm!)

Yummy burger. GREAT camp fire sauce. Excellent crayons and placemats for those that are young at heart. I have a feeling that this crew will be back for lunch very often.


Sonic

So I hit up the Sonic twice.

My first time through I was on a deadline, so I just grabbed one of the famous lime-aids. I highly recommend the Cranberry Lime-Aid, but man, seriously, that sucker was TART! Just be warned. They are TART!

Trip two was with was with a very cranky little person. We could have eaten in the car, as it’s known for being a drivethru, but it was a beautiful cool day (for the West), and Drew didn’t need to be cooped up any more.

I think that eating outdoors is a new experience for Drew. Given the opportunity to eat either in the car, or outside under umbrellas, I can see the appeal for families. The regular menu items are fine, but Sonic probably won’t be a family favorite like the Red Robin.


As for me, I’m seriously a victim of advertising overload. Next time out West, I have to go back to the Sonic, get another lime-aid, or try a shakes or slush. I DEFINITELY HAVE TO HAVE a Molten Chocolate Bundt Cake Sundae.

Darnit Sonic. Those improv actors have gotten me hooked ... on the ads, anyway.
Curse you advertising agencies.

Hey, um ... You want fries with that?

No comments: